What’s the best way to celebrate 13 years in business? Bring you the best family resource for planning your next BIRTHDAY BASH of course! This issue has it all. Looking for a Princess, Ninja Warrior, Art, Train, Bowling, Clown, Gymnastics, Pumpkin Patch, Pirate, Nail or Laser Tag party? It’s all right here at your fingertips. What about the perfect gift? Make a one-of-a kind art piece, give a cute tutu for a special dancer, purchase a photography session, handmade soaps & bath products or a gift certificate to the mall. This resource will make planning & hosting a snap! Not to mention that many of these great businesses are offering discounts. Yes, we’ll have our cake & eat it too!
Special thanks this month to Fast Lane Entertainment for sponsoring this issue & to the owners, Christopher & Katherine Moore, for allowing us to photograph their children for the cover. Fast Lane has some exciting changes coming soon…watch for the BIG announcement!
If you haven’t visited our website lately, be sure to stop by www.nwakidsdirectory.com soon. Our blog is filling up with posts from our awesome advertisers & local mom bloggers. We also are hosting contests through the web, so while you’re there, sign up to receive emails to keep you in the loop.
Lastly, I want to recognize one of our team members who goes above & beyond what’s expected of her. Nicole Pawlaczyk of Capture Me Photography by Nicole is a delight to be around & work alongside. She has an engineering degree (too smart for me) but left that career to pursue one in photography. Last month she got to try her hand at the cover & she nailed it! We adore you, Nicole, & thank you for all you do for Kid’s Directory!
We’ll be at the NWA Boutique Show on November 6th & 7th at the NWA Convention Center in Springdale. We’d love to meet you AND we’ll have lots of fun giveaways PLUS a photo booth from Oh Snap! so you can capture all the fun you had! See you there!
It’s OUR 12th BIRTHDAY & what better way to celebrate than by bringing you our October Birthday Bash Issue? Within these pages you’ll find everything you need to plan & throw the best birthday bash ever for your kids! The birthday ads begin on page 7 with the quick-reference resource guide on pages 46-54. Several of these great businesses are offering discounts on birthday parties – Hopes & Dreams Gymnastics, The Whole Creative Process, iNFiNiTi, Mid-America Karate Academy, The Purple Lime, Fast Lane Entertainment & Modern Mission. Please be sure to tell them you heard about them from Kid’s Directory!
Are you looking for family-fun fall activities? Maybe you want to spend time outdoors or do some shopping. Or with Halloween approaching, you may be hoping to find activities that are less scary for your little ones. Here are just a few ideas that are sure to delight & help make memories!
- Farmland Adventures open until November 1
- McGarrah Farms Pumpkin Patch open until November 2
- Tinkerfest sponsored by Amazeum at Old High Middle School, October 4
- American Girl Fashion Show at Arts Center of the Ozarks, October 4-5
- Rhea Lana’s, October 8-11 in Siloam Springs & October 19-25 in Springdale
- Halloween Carnival at NWA Mercy Family YMCA, October 9
- Hands Full Consignment Sale at Trinity Fellowship Church, Fayetteville, Oct 10-11
- Game Day Camp at Brick by Brick, October 11
- Operation Christmas Child Family Fun Fest at Arvest Ballpark, October 12
- Champions for Kids Simple Giving Project, October 13-27
- House on Haunted Hill at Arts Live Theatre, October 16-19
- Ozark Regional Arts & Crafts Fair, October 16-18 (3 locations)
- Fall Craft Fair at Christ the King Lutheran Church, October 18
- The Witches at Trike Theatre, October 23-26
- Fall Festival at The Little Gym of Rogers, October 24
- Halloween Event at Little Giggles, October 29
- FREE Kid’s Smoothie for kids in costume at participating Tropical Smoothie Cafe, October 31
- Mall-O-Ween at Northwest Arkansas Mall, October 31
- NWA Boutique Show, November 7-8
Have a safe, fun Halloween with your little monsters! We’d love to have you share your kids’ costume pics on our Facebook page!